In this position, you will be preparing Premium tax returns for insurance companies. This position can be fast paced and is perfect for recent graduates or someone with little experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine accounts and records and use available sources to prepare industry specific state and local tax returns for clients according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations and update return at the request of the client or designated reviewer in a timely manner.
- Prepare schedules and gather and verify documentation.
- Follow instructions and perform the return paper work and procedures.
- Review documentation and materials for accuracy, legibility, and reasonableness and perform tests for quality control and provide suggestions for enhancements.
- Organize and maintain tax records and conduct tax research projects based on industry specific state and local tax return instructions and tax laws by interpreting statutes/regulations.
- Contact states and local taxing jurisdictions on clients’ behalf
- Participate in training material creation.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance related coursework
- Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Judgement - Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions
- Customer Service - Respond promptly to customer needs; Able to meet commitments
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Language Skills – Ability to speak and write in English fluently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts – Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, the internet, and ability to learn new software skills
- Multi-Task- Flexibility and adaptability in performing duties and meeting multiple deadlines effectively.
- Confidentiality - Uses discretion and good judgement when working with confidential information and/or issues
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status