As part of the product development team, the Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing the business and documenting its systems and processes. They will be responsible for creating and capturing requirements, tracking changes, identifying risks and issues for escalation, and monitoring and reporting on work and progress. They will serve as intermediary between technical teams and product owners, outlining the needs of the business, ensuring the software is designed, developed and delivered to meet those needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Schedule and facilitate requirements gathering sessions
- Evaluate business processes, identifying and documenting end user requirements for enhancements
- Work with stakeholders to refine product backlog, including defects and enhancements
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Communicate requirements and functional specifications to product development teams
- Produce reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to stakeholders
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Facilitate user acceptance testing and training
- Maintains current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks
- Other duties as needed or required
Qualifications and Skills
- Education and Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Business, or related field plus 5 years of experience analyzing and supporting business operations
- Experience in Software Development and thorough understanding of full SDLC
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of varying technical levels
- Ability to lead, prioritize, facilitate, motivate, and organize
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software program
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully
- Ability to act as a team player
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, AGILE/Scrum Project methodology, Cloud computing, Google cloud platform, SaaS model a plus
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required
- May deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status
Serve. Grow. Transform.Our mission is to serve the insurance industry with accurate, timely, and comprehensive premium tax software and services while developing lasting relationships with our customers and employees, and actively working toward improving our community and world.
Apply today! We can't wait to meet you.