Candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing computer applications by converting project requirements into code. The candidate will participate in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and documenting software applications. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance and development of current tax software systems
- Maintenance and development of internal software
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs
- Provides technical assistance to Product Development Groups and Quality Assurance testers by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs
- Provides all forms of product support including phone, email, and web support while maintaining a professional and lasting relationship with customers
- Writes and maintains documentation for various processes, procedures, and new features
- Takes on additional responsibilities and projects within the group
- Other duties as needed or required
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Education and experience – Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Programming – minimum 3-5 years of writing computer programs for various purposes (Java, C#, VB.NET, other languages a plus)
- Familiarity with using an IDE – Eclipse, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, or equivalent
- Experienced with using version control systems such as Git or SVN
- Experience using SQL and familiar with database concepts
- Familiarity with XML
- Critical thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Complex problem solving – identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Quality control analysis – conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends may be required from time to time
- May deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Familiar with design patterns
- Familiar with Agile concepts and methodologies
- Familiar with Unit Testing concepts and frameworks
- Familiar with DevOps concepts
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status
Serve. Grow. Transform.Our mission is to serve the insurance industry with accurate, timely, and comprehensive premium tax software and services while developing lasting relationships with our customers and employees, and actively working toward improving our community and world.
Apply today! We can't wait to meet you.