In this position, you will test different software packages to ensure they meet quality and performance standards and are in compliance with state taxing requirements. This position can be fast paced and is perfect for recent graduates or someone with little experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review documentation and materials for accuracy, legibility, and reasonableness
- Using internal tools and software and understanding of key tax concepts, perform tests for quality control and provide suggestions for enhancements.
- Utilize and maintain automated tools and templates
- Research and analyze software calculations to make sure tax returns are in compliance with State taxing requirements
- Test changes to the software in development before they are released to make sure they meet design intent
- Report issues that are understandable and designed to improve our forms and products
- Maintain state specific documentation for tax laws, tax positions, and standards
- Participate in training material creation
- Able to meet multiple deadlines
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance related coursework
- Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Judgement - Exhibit sound and accurate judgment; Support and explain reasoning for decisions
- Customer Service - Respond promptly to customer needs; Able to meet commitments
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Language Skills – Ability to speak and write in English fluently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts – Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
- Knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, the internet, and ability to learn new software skills
- Multi-Task- Flexibility and adaptability in performing duties and meeting multiple deadlines effectively
- Confidentiality - Uses discretion and good judgement when working with confidential information and/or issues
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends is required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status