Utilize automation and testing software to create and test different software packages to ensure they meet quality standards and are in compliance with state tax requirements by performing the duties detailed below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic understanding of the company software and key tax concepts
- Good knowledge of how to use/maintain automation and testing tools
- Creating and executing comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Research and analyze software calculations to make sure tax returns are in compliance with State taxing requirements
- Test changes to the software in development before they are released to make sure they meet design intent
- Provide suggestions for enhancements and improvements to the software
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of basic programming, Excel, Word, Database (SQL, MYSQL), automation software concepts, and the ability to learn new software skills
- Hands on experience with testing APIs (RESTful, SOAP)
- Experience with automation of cross browser web testing
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Understands the testing quadrant and its concepts.
- Analytical – Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Works well in group problemsolving situations
- Judgement - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Language Skills – Ability to speak and write in English fluently. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures and governmental regulations; Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, managers, and other departments; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts – Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Multi-Task- Flexibility and adaptability in performing duties and meeting multiple deadlines effectively.
- Confidentiality - Uses discretion and good judgement when working with confidential information and/or issues
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends is required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status