Software Product Manager: Full Time (Allen, TX)
Software Product Manager
Onsite in Allen, Texas
Software Product Manager | Full Time (Allen, TX)
Product manager will lead and manage a software development group. Responsibilities include managing the day-to-day operations of the team, gathering feature requests, effectively planning and scheduling releases, and coordinating activities to deliver a product that aligns with the company’s vision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and articulates the Product strategy and direction.
- Develops and plans project development standards and goals.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the software department to ensure all projects are meeting defined goals with respect to time, budget, and quality of work.
- Facilitates discussions, user story development and refinement, and testing and validation.
- Contributes to resolutions and decision making.
- Reports project progress to senior management in regular, scheduled meetings and at other times as necessary.
- Draws upon customer insights to drive the software product vision and direction; Provides leadership in identifying and defining ongoing product features that align with business strategy.
- Responsible for screening, interviewing, and hiring employees; evaluates performance; and supervises ongoing training.
- Provides formal annual and semi-annual performance evaluations and assesses employees for compensation increases, bonuses, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Works on essential portions of the software and implements global changes and enhancements as necessary.
- Develops tax software, including development of state and/or local tax returns, using proprietary development tools and Kotlin.
- Oversees software deployment to testing, staging, and production environments.
- Provides support and motivation for development team.
- Researches, analyzes, and implements tax returns changes.
- Tests changes to the software in development before going live.
- Provides all forms of product support, including phone and email support, while maintaining a professional and lasting relationship with customers.
- Contacts state taxing authorities regarding tax returns and legislative developments.
- Provides suggestions for enhancements and improvements to the software and processes.
- Occasionally represents company at tradeshows and client training sessions.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Directly supervises 3 to 9 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications & Skills
- Education and Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus at least 4 years’ relevant work experience with as a software product owner or similar role in product management
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong collaborative instincts and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively across technical, product, and business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status
- Location: Onsite in Allen, TX