Tax Accountant/Software Developer. Research, develop, test, and maintain state and local premium tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops state and/or local premium tax returns, using proprietary development tools and Java.
- Research and analyze industry specific state and local tax return instructions and tax laws.
- Implements tax returns changes as necessary
- Performs detailed testing of software
- Provides product support, including phone and email support, while maintaining a professional and lasting relationship with customers.
- Contacts state taxing authorities regarding tax returns and legislative developments
- Provides suggestions for enhancements and improvements to the software, general and processes.
- Education and Experience - Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (accounting, finance, or tax preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of tax principles or experience working financial applications a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Detail oriented
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required.
- Training will be provided for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- Background check
- Drug Test
- Work Status