Premium Tax Specialist: Tax Preparer (Allen, TX)
In this position, you will be preparing and reviewing Premium and Municipal tax returns for insurance companies. This position can be fast paced and is perfect for recent graduates or someone with little experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare industry specific state and local Premium Tax returns for clients and review for compliance with tax laws
- Examine accounts and records and compute taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations
- Organize and maintain tax records and conduct tax studies and special projects
- Research and gain knowledge of industry specific state and local tax return instructions and laws
- Contact states and local taxing jurisdictions on clients’ behalf
- Provide excellent telephone and email support
- Able to meet multiple deadlines
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of tax principles or experience working with financial applications a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, the internet, and ability to learn new software
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness, dependablity, and strong work ethic
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyze information skillfully; work well in group problem solving situations; able to adapt quickly
- Respond promptly to requests and meet commitments
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Exhibit sound, accurate, timely judgment; support and explains reasoning for decisions
- May deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
- Some work outside normal business hours and some weekends required during the tax season.